February 17 – 21 I was in Washington, DC. I traveled with the North Texas College Republicans to attend CPAC – the Conservative Political Action Comittee conference.
WHERE do I begin in describing this trip?! It was an AWESOME experience.
- We stayed at the Adam’s Inn, a nice bed and breakfast not far from the Marriott Windsor, where CPAC was held. I had never stayed at a B&B before, and I really enjoyed the Adam’s.
- We did plenty of sightseeing: The WHITE HOUSE!!, The US Capitol, the Senate, the Supreme Court, the National Archives, the Old Post Office Building, and two of the Smithsonians: American History and Air and Space.
- At the conference, I saw soooo many politicians/people in politics: Dick Cheney, Scott Brown, Mitt Romney, Tim Pawlenty, Stephen Baldwin, Ann Coulter, Glenn Beck, Wayne LaPierre, and of course…my favorite…RON PAUL.
- I met Ron Paul, and he was very nice and down-to-Earth. I was extremely excited to meet him, because he is my political hero.
- Dr. Paul gave an EXCELLENT speech:
- I was one of the people who helped boo Ryan Sorba offstage. *rolls eyes*
- I very, highly enjoyed hanging out with the other members of the NT College Republicans! They are all very cool people and I enjoyed the chance to get to know them better.
I had a great time, and would love to go back and do it again 🙂
Peace and Love,
Song of the Day: Have You Ever Seen Rain – CCR